Friday, May 13, 2016

Johnny

I was asleep when I noticed the nurse was trying to wake me up but I apparently had no response. She said it had taken about ten minutes to wake me up, but I hadn't noticed or remembered a thing. She gave me my meds and checked my  temperature. Then she asked "Johnny would like to see a guest". She never said who, but I knew it had to be the gang. So I said "Sure." She told me "Alright just a minute." I waited. And a lady entered my room, I did't quite recognize her but I knew I didn't like her. She started talking I wasn't really listening. I was trying real hard to figure out who she was. I finally remembered. I was my mom. I wasn't happy to see her. I wondered why she was even here, what did she want? Finally said "What." After she had probably been talking for about twenty minutes. She said "you see this is why we don't like you around at home Johnny, you never listen, you never do anything right, you wouldn't be here if you weren't so dumb." I wanted to yell, but I could barely  even talk. I managed to not cry. I just sat and stared at her, I felt useless and lousy. I couldn't do anything till either nurse came to make her leave or she just ran out of things to say. She started to yell. The only thing I could understand was "Johnny I can't believe you are such a useless delinquent, you are never aloud back home don't even try to come back, you’re a shame to us." It hurt me but I was glad I didn't have to go back. The nurse came in and took her away. The nurse started to ask what happened but I shook my head. I didn't want to talk about it in fear I would cry. She left.

No comments:

Post a Comment